Search This Blog

News / Analysis

February 20, 2017

A phone call can help your heart

"I got this fascinating email from Dr. Gundry
An article on Dr. Gundry

"Pick up the phone and call a good friend or loved one. You choose who it is. But you’re not off the hook until someone picks up!

(And don’t worry, I’ll explain why you’re doing this in a moment.)

Now, when one of your friends picks up, say these words:

“Hi, I was thinking about you…”

Or...

“What are you doing right now?”

Or...

“You wanna grab some coffee?”

The point is… connect with them and start a real conversation. Why?

Because simply speaking with people you care about has a tremendous healing effect on your heart.


And I don’t just mean “heart” as in your feelings — though I mean that, too...

I mean “heart” as in the actual organ that pumps blood throughout your body and keeps you alive! You see...
A major study published in the Journal of Hypertension revealed something profound: Interacting often with your friends lowers your blood pressure!1
In this study, scientists took 224 female volunteers and examined the frequency of their social interactions alongside their blood pressure readings.

And the women who interacted more with their loved ones had consistently lower blood pressure. 2

Now, I suppose it comes as no surprise that staying connected with your loved ones is good for you...

But, in today’s hectic world, it’s easy to lose track of this. And studies like the one I just mentioned serve as important reminders. (I know they have for me!)

So, pick up that phone now, call someone you care about, reconnect, and give a much-needed boost to both of your hearts!

Looking out for you,

Steven Gundry, MD


P.S. You don’t have to tell me whom you called and what you talked about of course... but did it feel good to reconnect? Reply to this email and let me know.

P.P.S. Why are you still here? Call your friend or loved one before it gets dark out! ;)
Sources
1. Troxel WM, Buysse DJ, Hall M, et. al. Social integration, social contacts, and blood pressure dipping in African-Americans and whites. J Hypertens. February 2010; 28 (2): 265-71. DOI: 10.1097/HJH.0b013e328333ab01.
2. Id. at 265-71."

Video of Dr. Gundry on Weight Loss
Measure
Measure

No comments:

Post a Comment