Search This Blog

News / Analysis

August 16, 2013

Guyana's Fernandes wins Caribbean Women's Squash Title

JUST under twenty-five minutes was all Guyana's Nicolette Fernandes needed to take a win over Karen Meakins and claim her fifth Caribbean senior title when she faced off against the Barbadian last evening in the women's final of the Caribbean Area Squash Association
(CASA) Senior Squash Championships at the Georgetown Club.
Nicollete Fernandes
Playing her third consecutive final against Meakins, Fernandes won in straight sets 11-6, 11-2, 11-5 after she had earlier yesterday won 11-4, 11-5, 11-3 against Guyanese Ashley Khalil.
Meakins had yesterday afternoon won 10-12, 11-3, 11-8, 11-6 against Guyana's Mary Fung-A-Fat.
Fernandes was happy with how she played, and though she won in straight sets, the world women's number 28 said it's never easy.
"At the end of the day you've got to win 33 points and that is never easy, I'm home I don't play here often and I enjoyed it. I've been playing very well and I think I played well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment