(21-06-2011) The government addressed housing shortages in Suriname by establishing a work group entitled, “Workgroup on the Restructuring of the Housing Sector and Housing Management.”
(01-07-2011). Suriname plans to provide the CARICOM with food. Minister Lackin of Foreign Affairs attended a meeting of the CARICOM Ministers at the 32nd regular CARICOM meeting in St. Kitts.
President Bouterse and the Surinamese delegation made it clear that they intended to take a leading role in regional matters. Through stimulation of the agricultural sector, jobs will be created and the region will be assured of quality food.
(07-07-2011)President Desiré Delano Bouterse spoke at the UN Summit in 2010 with the Secretary General of the OIC (Organisation of Islamic Cooperation). With the recent travel of Surinamese delegation to Kazakhstan, Suriname wants ties with OIC tightened again. Suriname has further relationships with two specialized institutions of the OIC, namely the Islamic Development Bank and the Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO).
(26-07-2011) Lloyd Pinas sworn in as ambassador of Suriname in China. President Bouterse said that China plays an increasingly important role in the international community and that Suriname would like to see continued its cooperation with China.
(28-07-2011) Suriname delegation headed by President Bouterse arrived in Lima, Peru and received the honor guard . After arriving President Bouterse was invited as the first head of state for a bilateral meeting with the president-elect of Peru, Ollanta Humala Tasso. President Bouterse has conveyed his congratulations on behalf of the people of Suriname for the election of Ollanta Humala Tasso, President of Peru and to commemorate 190 years Republic of Peru.
(31-07-2011) Surinamese government housing program started with a bang.
(03-08-2011)President Desiré Delano Bouterse focuses on Health and Education. At the presidential palace, the president said he would be would be focusing on two pillars of society, namely health and education. This is a follow-up to the completion of the plans set out in the government statement.
( 06-08-2011) President Bouterse names the commission to negotiate a deal with Newmont Mining Corp-one of the world’s largest gold mining companies
(12-08-2011) The Bouterse/Ameerali administration is the first Surinamese government administration to publish a “government section” in two national newspapers.
(18-08-2011). 18 and August 19, 2011 President Bouterse is one of the CARICOM representatives at the SICA meeting in El Salvador.
Suriname was represented at a meeting of CARICOM and SICA(Sistema de la Integración Centro Americana, the cooperation of Central American countries) advocating increasing mutual regional integration.
(22-08-2011) President Bouterse gave a presentation on behalf of the CARICOM heads of state and government . In his speech, the president emphasized the importance of cooperation between the regions of the Caribbean and Central American states.
(01-09-2011) President Bouterse appointed the ambassador for Suriname in South Africa.
(15-09-2011) Suriname participated in the UN general assembly
- During the opening session of the High-Level Meeting on non-communicable diseases, President Bouterse, on behalf of CARICOM, called for extra attention for non-communicable diseases on the global agenda.
(21-09-2011) On Wednesday, September 21 Bouterse attended the opening debate of the General Assembly of the United Nations . On on the previous year the President had a brief meeting with President Obama at the lunch that Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon organized for all delegation leaders.
(22-09-2011)President Bouterse speaks to the UN General assembly.
(29-09-2011)The Surinamese’s government’s annual speech for the policy year 2012 focuses on productivity, safety, and durability
(16-10-2011)President Bouterse opened the House Exhibition in Hanna’s Lust
- His Excellency President Desiré Delano Bouterse departs on Friday, October 28th, 2011 to Paraguay to attend the UNASUR summit.
(27-11-2011)President Bouterse opens Conservatory Suriname .
- President Desiré Delano Bouterse attended the 5th CELAC (the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (Comunidad de Estados Latinoamericanos y Caribeños) summit in Caracas Venezuela.
- President Bouterse’s CELAC speech was warmly received . President Bouterse began his speech by expressing that with this step in the integration process, the creation of CELAC, the wish of many historical heroes have come true. (03-12-2011)
- First Lady opens nursery and Diplomatic Ladies Group Bazaar 2011 (07-12-2011)
- His Excellency, President Desiré Delano Bouterse traveled on December 8 to Port of Spain in Trinidad and Tobago for the Fourth CARICOM-Cuba summit.
- President Desiré Delano Bouterse inaugurated Suriname’s own Telesur Multimedia Innovation Laboratory (TMIL) at the Anton de Kom University complex in Paramaribo. (16-12-2011)