Search This Blog

News / Analysis

December 18, 2016

Banana Spice Bread

When I lived in Jamaica at Knox College in the 1980's I fell in love with Banana Bread. One of my staff members Mrs. Mc Namee used to make the most delicious banana bread. 

Today, every time I bite into a slice of banana Bread I see her loving, happy face.

Years later while I was at a BK conference I was told that a secret ingredient in cooking food was your state of mind while you were cooking. If you were joyful and happy while cooking it would come out in your food.

Mrs. Mac poured a lot of Jamaican love in her banana bread.

So as you do this bread fill it with love, peace, and joy.This is a Watkins recipe. I am an Independent Watkins Consultant (Milton Drepaul Id 757527)and I promote awareness of the superior quality, traditional, natural Watkins product online through their One Minute Business. If you care to join my team Visit: join.smartbusinesschoices.com

Banana Spice Bread

Ingredients

1/3 cup/80 mL vegetable shortening

1/2 cup/125 mL sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp/5 mL Watkins Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla

3/4 tsp/4 mL Watkins Banana Extract

1-3/4 cups/440 mL all-purpose flour

1 tsp/5 mL baking powder

1-1/2 tsp/7.5 mL Watkins Pure Ground Cinnamon

1/2 tsp/2.5 mL baking soda

1/2 tsp/2.5 mL Watkins Coarse Sea Salt

1/4 tsp/1.2 Watkins Ground Nutmeg

1 cup/250 mL mashed ripe banana

1/2 cup/125 mL chopped walnuts


Directions


jrwatkins.com
Grease bottom only of a 9 × 5-inch/23 × 13-cm loaf pan; set aside. In large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs and vanilla and banana extracts until well combined. In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Add alternately with bananas to sugar mixture; mix well. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350°F/180ºC for 45 to 50 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pan on rack 5 minutes. Turn out of pan and cool completely on rack. To store, wrap tightly and refrigerate.
Learn more about this respected business
go.smartbusinesschoices.com
Makes 1 loaf, 12 servings.
I use cinnamon every day in my tea or oatmeal porridge. I believe it has amazing health properties.
Watkins cassia cinnamon  has flavored family rituals for more than 100 years. Introduce your family to this high-oil Korintje cassia, and discover the best quality cinnamon available anywhere with double the flavor of Ceylon varieties.

No comments:

Post a Comment